Whiteheads and blackheads are a common problem to people today. The good thing is that home remedies work perfectly in preventing the appearance of such skin irregularities. However, pimples especially in the form of acne can be very difficult to deal with. For you to treat it the best possible way, you have to conduct thorough acne treatment reviews. Aside from that, you need to carefully watch what you eat.
Consider the following tips when caring for acne skin
- Make it a habit to wash your face when you get up as well as before going to bed.
- Use mild cleansing soap and be careful not to scrub the pimples.
- Do not squeeze your pimples to prevent irritation.
- Be very careful when using cosmetics, especially oil base. Use cosmetic sparingly and when using one make sure you are using water based cosmetic.
- Do not go to bed with your makeups on.
- Make it a habit to exercise daily to improve the circulation of the body and facilitate blood flow into the face.
- Have a good hygiene and make sure that your hands, face, and hair are clean at all times.
Acne treatment reviews also include typical prescription medications for acne and these are the following:
- Topical antibiotics
- Azelaic acid
- Tablet antibiotics
- Topical retinoids
When to see your dermatologist?
You should see your dermatologist if the condition gets worst, especially if you are experiencing pain and wider body coverage. In situation like this, the dermatologist will use treatment combinations. However, you should be aware that it will take months for you to see noticeable results. To see great results in just a short period of time, you have to adhere and follow the treatment plan.
You also need to take care of your food intake and see to it that you lessen if not completely eliminate your intake of foods rich in fat and oil. Increase your intake of foods that act as a natural skin cleanser such as lettuce and other green foods, especially foods rich in fiber. You shouldn’t feel disheartened if you are not seeing great results. As mentioned above, it will definitely take some time. Having acne, especially of severe type can greatly affect not only the integrity of your skin, but most importantly your self-esteem and confidence. When undergoing treatment you feel like there is no changes in your acne condition then don’t be sad and lose hope. Contact your dermatologist to modify the treatment.